Graduate Outcomes Survey (GOS)
The GOS is a national survey funded by the Australian Government Department of Education and Training, and it collects information on graduates' labour market outcomes and further study activities.
Replacing the Graduate Destination Survey (GDS; a component of the Australian Graduate Survey), from 2016 onwards, GOS is administered online to graduates of Australian higher education instituions about five months after their course completion at or via an Australian campus, i.e., Australian onshore graduates including HECS and international fee paying students.
Particularly for Curtin University, the GOS has been adapted internally for graduates at the Sarawak campus and the Singapore campus. The adaption is referred to as the Curtin Graduate Outcomes Survey (CGOS).
Eligibility for participation
Students are first invited by email to complete the survey approximately five months after the completion of their course; therefore
- Mid-year completers are invited in November of the current year;
- End-of-year completers are invited in May of the following year.
If you are unsure of your eligibility, please email CurtinSurveys@Curtin.edu.au with your Curtin Student ID and approximate date of course completion.
In your final year of studies... express your interest now!
So that you don't miss out on being contacted, please ensure your contact details are up to date in OASIS or express your interest here.
What are the results used for?
The aggregated data from the GOS has a variety of uses:
- Students may use the survey results for job-hunting purposes, as GOS gives the job titles, employers and average annual salary of students who completed the same course in previous years
- Curtin and Government Departments use the data as key performance indicators, against which Curtin's performance is measured, and
- Good Universities Guide uses the data as part of their process for determining the ratings of national universities.
Prizes and incentives are available to survey participants. For further details visit:
- Australian Campus and External Studies (including OUA) graduates
- Sarawak Campus graduates
- Singapore Campus graduates
Reports and questionnaires
These are available to Curtin staff for continuous improvement purposes and can be downloaded from: http://planning.curtin.edu.au/mir/download.cfm (login required).
- Curtin Graduate Outcomes Survey (CGOS) is administerated to graduates who completed their course at the Curtin Sarawak campus and Curtin Singapore campus.
- Course Experience Questionnaire (CEQ) collects information on graduates' satisfaction with the quality of education provided at Australian institutions.
- Graduate Outcomes Survey - Longitudinal (GOS-L) is administerated to graduates three years after their couse completion to collected information on their employment outcomes and further study activities.